Caitlin Condie's experience includes working as a classroom teacher, U.S. Department of Education staffer, innovation team leader at the Center for Education Reform, and current CEO of Condie Consulting.
Caitlin joins Reading Swizzle to answer the questions:
• What is possible for education?
• What is achievable?
• What types of robust opportunities for students can change learning?
Caitlin answers these questions by tackling issues that are real and futuristic.
Education can occur in a brick-and-mortar school AND out in the world. We discuss:
• Igniting interest in learning just as camp and out-of-school moments do. These are educational opportunities!
• Incorporating elements of camp (campifying) education into a regular school day
• Providing real-world practical application to classroom learning • Weaving community service schools' mission
• Forming education meet-ups; roundtable discussions promoting idea exchange, synergy, and networking.
Caitlin Condie shares her challenge with dyslexia.
She states, “ Everyone has challenges. Dyslexia has been influential in helping me see things in different ways. No one is escaping the challenge, the struggle.”
Caitlin says, “Everyone will learn differently.
Too many kids are considered broken, and we must change."
Founder of Condie Consulting, Caitlin is focused on helping America's students, families, schools, and communities achieve their highest level by developing, strategizing, and executing solutions to their problems and challenges.